Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Reinforcements!


A squad of absolute badasses. It's a Festivus miracle!

Short quickie post just to show off the latest addition to Inquisitor Serpico's force of jackbooted Imperial thugs! I present to you... Copplestone troopers! Yeah, they have arms and autoguns courtesy of Victoria Miniatures. The resin arms fit snugly with some minor greenstuff work and minimal frustration levels. I also threw in a Forgeworld flamer and a Chainsaw Warrior to give the squad a heavy weapon.


They're painted up to match troops that make up an Imperial Army detachment. I was going to go with the "codex grey and black" uniform scheme, but I like the end result and it's more colorful but still militaristic. Since it's getting close to the end of the year, I may as well do a year in review and touch on some projects i've got on deck.

2016: a brief, brief review

What a mixed bag this year has been! It's been a real shit-fest in the real world and I really hope we don't have a nuclear war on our hands in the next 12 months and maybe some of my favorite artists and celebrities can make it through 2017. Jeez.

Alright bitching is done. It's been a banner year for Oldhammer! Loads of killer kickstarters out there, I got to roll dice with some fellow New-Worlders and we managed to add a few more to our collective. Hobby-wise I've had a great year and i'm looking forward to getting together with some of the New World crew again in January.

Having so many meet-ups this year gave me the chance to test out all kinds of house rules for Rogue Trader, which resulted in the super fun Rogue Ops house rules!

2017 and beyyooooooooond!

I've been working on a campaign system for Rogue Trader/Rogue Ops which draws heavily from Necromunda, Mordheim, and Inquisitor. With Rogue Stars being all the rage these days, I'll probably end up plundering those rules for goodies. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rogue Trader is the only fucking ruleset you will ever need. Add some house rules here and there and you can make it be whatever you want it to be. I hope to have some rudimentary campaign rules done by the end of January, hopefully in time for NOVAOSGROT 17 - THE premier Oldhammer USA event-of-the-year -OF-THE-YEAR. Be there or be square, you lame-ass lame-butts!

I've loaded up on holiday ebay deals that should keep me busy all year and should see my RT pirate force grow. The infamous Worldburner will be adding more Squat Mercenaries to his outfit and the Ork warband continue to grow. 2017 is shaping up to be another great year for Oldhammer!

 

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on the squad. I wish I could make NOVAetc. but it's a bridge too far. See you at the next Oldhammer thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home brew campaign sounds very interesting. Keen to see how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really (REALLY) looking forward to your campaign rules. Clearly, the Spirit of Festivus is upon you!

    ReplyDelete